Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 18 Teaser!!!!

Sorry I´ve been away so long, but chapter 18 is off with the beta and as soon as she returns it to me, I´ll get it to you!

Thanks for sticking with me pets!  Here´s a peek at the next chapter, don´t let the teaser fool you!

~Krazi~

Chapter 18:  
Truth... Lies... and Black Eyes...

It had been exactly five days since we´d returned from Forks and as much as I´d like to say that things just returned to normal, they didn´t. Edward was back at the hospital and I´d been shadowing Jasper all week at the firm. I still had a couple of weeks before I started handling my own cases, but working with Jasper was no fucking joke. The man was like a fucking machine!

Also, it had been five days of going to sleep and waking up in a cold and lonely bed. I missed Edward and no matter how much the rational side of my brain told me that it was too soon, I couldn´t help but think I made a mistake when I decided not to accept his offer to move in. Sometimes I even caught Mojo snuggled up in one of the t-shirts that I´d stolen from his suitcase while we were at Charlie´s; I think that he and Edward had developed quite the bromance while were staying with him.

I´d been moping all week and Alice was having none of it, as per her instruction, Jasper gave me the afternoon off and I was ordered to meet her and Rose at the spa. I was packing up my laptop and some files I was planning to spend my weekend going over, when my cell phone buzzed alerting me to an incoming message. A smile that would rival any `pudding face´ was plastered across my lips watching the scream light up with Edward´s name on it; originally, we were supposed to have my first training session this weekend, but Edward was scheduled to work an eighteen hour shift at the hospital.

Since his return from Switzerland, he´d been doing whatever he could to give the doctors that covered for him in his absence a much needed break. Inside, I was completely crushed and highly disappointed, but I also understood. The man was helping to save lives and here I was sulking because he wasn´t available to tie me up and spank me with a crop.

Yeah… I´m pretty fucking pathetic, huh!

I touched the little green message box on my phone, wondering what sweet things he´d sent me today. Much of our week had been spent texting back and forth and having the occasional conversation when our schedules permitted. The one thing we promised to never do was go to bed without hearing the other one´s voice, and so far; he´d been able to keep that promise.

I was trying to convince myself that it had nothing to do with him checking to see if I was getting to bed by curfew, but everything to do with him wanting to hear my voice. He was spoiling me with all the love he was showering me with and I couldn’t have been happier.

See you soon, pets!
~Krazi & Mojo~

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I must admit...I was getting highly concerned you weren't going to finish this. BUT, you continue to surprise me :) I cannot WAIT for this chapter :D

    ReplyDelete