Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chapter 21: Teaser!!!!

Chapter 21: Cat´s Out of the Bag... 
Time to Face the Music...

Helloooo my pets!  I hope I didn´t stay away too long and you forgot about these two.  Here´s a peek into the next chapter, I hope you like it... Enjoy!!

**********


“Ms. Swan, Ms. Swan,” echoed throughout the room.  “Over here, no, over here” their voices were a cacophony of desperate pleas that all wanted to be heard. 

Seeing how overwhelmed I was, Jasper scanned the crowd and chose a geeky looking reporter wearing thick-rimmed glasses, a pocket protector, and a cheap-looking plaid shirt that was buttoned all the way up to his neck.  He looked like more like Louis Skolnick from Revenge of the Nerds than a big-city reporter.


He cleared his throat rather noisily and used his index finger to push his thick glasses up on his crooked nose.  “M-m-Ms. Swan,” he stuttered nervously, beady eyes shifting all about the room, “I noticed that the entire Cullen family is here to support you, especially Dr. Edward Cullen in particular.”


Slightly irritated, I simply stated, “That is not a question, Sir.” Apparently, Skolnick was the one standing in the hallway when Edward and I were kissing.  “Do you have one, or should we move on to someone a bit more prepared?”  I could see that he was a little fish trying his hand in the big pond.  Apparently, he´s never met a Piranha!

I will have your ass for lunch nerd boy!

“Ahem,” he noisily cleared his throat once again, nervously flipping through a rumpled notebook.  Clearly this guy was new and trying to make a name for himself; he wasn´t doing a very good job so far.

“Well,” he continued to fumble nervously through his notes, “and I quote, “Isabella Swan and Jacob Black tie the knot in what is being dubbed as the biggest event since Prince Charles and Princess Diana´s 1981 nuptials.  Ms. Swan, how can we trust you to be truthful in family court if your own personal life is in question?”

There was a sudden rumble throughout the crowd and everyone was talking in hushed whispers.  I couldn’t believe that this was happening!  Fucking Jacob Black!  No matter what I did, I couldn´t get away from the fuckery that he´d caused in my life. 


Fucking asshole!

My breathing picked up and I felt myself sway as the room began to spin slightly.  I could feel myself getting woozy.  Before I could even alert Jasper to my distress, I felt a set of familiar arms encase themselves around me, pulling me flush with his strong chest.  

Edward! 

Immediately, my world was back to spinning on its axis and I knew that everything would be okay.  “Deep breaths, love,” he whispered quietly in my ear.  “It´s over, Jacob can´t hurt us anymore.  Tell them!”


He was right! 

Jacob had no power over me anymore, and it was time to stop hiding and set the record straight.  Jasper had addressed the crowd, calling the press conference to an end, but I placed my hand over the microphone and leaned in to whisper quietly in his ear.


“No, I want to answer,” I stated calmly.  “He´s right Jazz, if I´m going to be practicing family law, I can´t start out with these lies hanging over my head.”  Nodding his assent, Jasper stepped away from the microphone and allowed me to once again address the waiting press.  They were eyeing me anxiously, pens, pencils, and digital recording devices in hand.

Edward gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and grazed the side of my head with his lips before releasing me.  Stepping to the podium, I was hit with an overwhelming since of pride and love. 

He was here and I could do this!  I had to do this, not just for me… for us!

It wasn´t how I planned to announce my annulment to the public, but at least I was on the other side of the world from New York and my mother. 

Renee would continue to live in oblivion and be none the wiser of my annulment to Jacob!


“My apologies for my reaction, but your question took me by surprise; for lack of a better term, it was quite intrusive.”  Straightening to my full 5´6” stature, I stared the reporter who´d asked the question directly in his eye.  First, let me start by saying that, though I maintain a fairly public job, my personal life is just that… personal!  However, you do make a valid point in questioning my obligation to be truthful with my clients. 

I was indeed married in December, but due to irreconcilable differences and reasons that shall remain undisclosed, that marriage was annulled.  I am indeed single, and therefore free to keep company with anyone of my choosing.  Mr. Black and I made that decision unanimously and that is all that needs to be said on the matter.”  I breathed out a relieved breath, that wasn´t so bad after all. 

Actually, it felt good getting off of my chest.

Testing my patience, a young blond woman shouted from the back of the crowd, “So is it safe to say that Seattle´s most eligible bachelor is now off of the market?”

Looking over shoulder, I shook my head.  Edward was wearing that smug ass panty-dropping smirk, looking cocky ass shit.  A rush of liquid instantly flooded my panties; I was so fucking him when all this was over!


I flashed the audience a cocky smirk of my own, “Without a doubt, and with absolute certainty, I can say that it´s time for Seattle to find a new “most eligible bachelor!”  My use of air-quotes was a winner, and I could hear Esme, Rosalie, and Alice all snickering from behind me.  Internally, I fist pumped at my sassiness.

Take that biotch!

**********
Okay pets, that´s all for now!  Full update sometime tomorrow! Leave me some love if you wish!
Laterzzz :)

Krazi, Mojo, & Marley
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Why is Bella doing a press conference???? I like her answer to the press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...really loved this! I LOVE Revenge of the Nerds ;) Hehe. Cannot wait for the full chapter :D

    ReplyDelete