Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chapter 14: Teaser!!!!!!!!!!



Chapter 14: The Start of Something Beautiful... Confessions, Forgiveness, and Love...

Helloooooo pets!

Oh how I´ve missed you all!  You´ll be glad to know that I´m now settled into the new job and I even get time to write, so I won´t keep you guys waiting this long for an update again!  Squeee!

Also, I was a little anal about this chapter and that also played a part in the delay, because it means a lot to me and so far, I can say that it`s my favorite one to date.
I hope I did it justice and you all enjoy this little glimpse into what´s to come!
Krazi


Wednesday was finally here and I needed to run a few errands, before meeting Bella at the Four Seasons. I desperately needed everything to be perfect for tonight. I took one last look at the sleeping beauty before me, memorizing each and every one of her delicate features. I placed the envelope with detailed instructions, as to what Bella was supposed to do on the bedside table; I wanted to spoil her a little, before our date.

We´d stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, watching a CSI: Miami marathon, so I knew she would be sleeping in this morning. It seems my girl has a thing for Horatio Cane. Sounds like competition! In your dreams, motherfucker!


Moving her silky tresses out of the way, I kissed her softly on the forehead. She was sleeping so peacefully that I didn´t want to wake her. With one last look, I slipped out into the hall, stopping by my room to collect the bags I´d secretly packed. I headed to the elevator and whistled Bella´s lullaby as I made the trip down to the parking garage.


I took a deep breath, before I headed into the high end boutique, called Betty Lin, to meet Alice. Things still  hadn´t returned to normal, but we were getting there. “Edward,” she squealed as she wrapped her tiny arms forcefully around my body. Alice was freakishly strong and seemed to be exuding a tad bit more force today, almost as if she was afraid I´d disappear. “I´m so sorry, please say that you and Bella forgive. How is she? God, I miss my best friend so much.” In true Alice fashion, her exuberance took over and she started talking a mile a minute. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Alice, calm down,” I admonished, but she was so wound up that I doubt that she heard the warning tone in my voice.
She continued on as if I hadn´t even spoken. “I´m so happy you called.” I was getting a headache from all her chattering, she´d yet to give me an opportunity to get a single word in.

Alice,” I tried again, but much like the first time it fell on deaf ears. I pinched the bridge of nose, willing myself to calm down. I really didn`t feel like fighting with my sister. Not today, of all days.

I´ve got a few things picked out that I think will be perfect for Bella. Where are you taking her? God, Edward, I´m so happy for you two! You guys are perfect for each other!” By this time I was only hearing the steady flow of my blood boiling, I was two seconds away for loosing my shit.

Alice,” nothing, “ALICE... would you please, JUST STOP TALIKING!” My breath was coming in pants and I was on the verge of just saying, “fuck it” and walking right back out the way I came in. I immediately, regretted raising my voice, as I watched Alice´s face fall. Damn, pixie! Hello, I´m the victim here!

I´m... I´m sorry, I...” she stammered as tears formed in her eyes. “I just wanted to help.” Fuck! She knows how much I hat to see her cry.

Pulling my sister into a tight embrace, I rubbed her back trying to convey through my touch, how sorry I was. “Ali, shit,” I groaned. “I didn´t mean to make you cry; I just needed you to slow down and take a breath.”

Sorry, Edward,” she sniffed into my shirt, no doubt leaving something behind. Eww! Tell me about it! I gently moved her to a more secluded corner of the store; we´d garnered a bit of unwanted attention at our little show.


It´s okay, Ali,” I soothed. “We forgive you, but we just need a little space to sort things out. Bella and I were kind of thrown into this against our knowledge, if we´re going to have a chance at seeing where things may go... we need to do it on our own.” I explained quietly. “Just give us a little more time to try and get to know each other. I know you mean well, and I owe you my life, for throwing us in the deep end, but don´t push... okay.”

Alice squeezed me in fucking anaconda hold and promised to back off and give Isabella and I some much needed space. I wasn´t worried; I knew that she missed her friend and would do anything to get back in Isabella´s good graces. Although she went about it wrong, she had nothing but the best of intentions – of which, I would forever be grateful.

Jane Volturi was scheduled to give Isabella another full body massage this afternoon, so I had her meet Alice and I at the boutique to retrieve Isabella´s dress, shoes and clutch. Bella had ranted and raved about how much she enjoyed the massage she Alice had received, as well as how much she liked Jane and that she was looking forward to getting to know her better.

So, I phoned Jane and asked if she wouldn't mind sticking around and helping Isabella get ready for tonight. Although, she hadn't come out and said it verbally, I knew how much she missed Alice, and her sisterly advice, so I thought that maybe having Jane help out would fill some of the void. Alice pouted when I told her that Jane would be helping Isabella prepare for this evening as well. I just couldn´t risk Isabella being overwhelmed by Alice´s exuberance; she would be nervous enough, without an overdose of all things Alice thrown in the mix.


After enjoying an early lunch with Jane and Alice; I bid them a farewell and headed over to the hotel. I wanted to make sure that everything was in place, and get in a much needed workout. I was wound so tight that I felt like a ticking time bomb.
________FtLoD________

Well pets, there you have it!  Don´t let the teaser fool you, there are some goodie, goodie gum drops in this chapter.  Hopefully, it will propel us forward, into a new direction.
Thanks for sticking with me and see you all soon!

Laterzzz:)

Krazi & Mojo
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds GREAT! I was wondering why it was taking longer than usual to see the new chapter ;) Hope it won't be long now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! I'm chompin at the bit! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to send a message when I found this site. Was really missing the story and going into withdrawls.

    ReplyDelete